- An HPCA 2014 paper authored by Meng Zhang, Jesse D. Bingham, John Erickson, and Daniel J. Sorin, "PVCoherence: Designing Flat Coherence Protocols for Scalable Verification," was selected as a Top Pick from the Computer Architecture Conferences by IEEE Micro. The paper shows how to design scalable cache coherence protocols in such a way that they can be formally verified to be correct for systems with an arbitrary number of caches.
- An ASPLOS 2014 paper authored by Prof. Ben Lee and Ph.D. student Seyed Majid Zahedi, "REF: Resource Elasticity Fairness with Sharing Incentives for Multiprocessors," was selected as a Top Pick from the Computer Architecture Conferences by IEEE Micro. The paper shows that Cobb-Douglas utility functions are well suited to modeling user preferences for hardware resources and presents an allocation mechanism to guarantee game-theoretic desiderata, such as sharing incentives and envy-freeness.
- Meng Zhang, Jesse Bingham, John Erickson, and Daniel Sorin received a best paper award at the 20th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA 2014) for their paper "PVCoherence: Designing Flat Coherence Protocols for Scalable Verification."
- Sandeep Agrawal is a recipient of a 2014-2015 NVIDIA Graduate Fellowship. This award is a scholarship in the amount of $25,000 to be used to further Sandeep's research.
- Jun Pang, Chris Dwyer, and Alvin Lebeck received the best paper award at the ACM International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures (NoCArc 2013), for their paper "Exploiting Emerging Technologies for Nanoscale Photonic Networks-on-Chip."
- CSE welcomes Professor Theo Benson.
- Alvin Lebeck, in collaboration with researchers at UT Austin, received a $700,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to explore the use of data parallel hardware (e.g,. GPUs) to improve energy efficiency of server workloads.
- Chris Dwyer's group enables 1,000-fold increase in optical storage. Learn more »
- Landon Cox to serve as 2014 Mobisys Technical Program Co-Chair
- Sandeep Agrawal wins RIP award
- Marisabel Guevara Receives 2013 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Mentoring. Learn more: CS profile » and Grad school profile »
- Landon Cox and Team Develop ScreenPass to Protect Touchscreen Passwords Learn more »
- Jun Yang Receives Brooks Award for Teaching. Learn more »
- Ben Lee and Vince Conitzer have been awarded a four-year, $700K grant from the National Science Foundation to study datacenter management, game theory, and strategic agents.
- Ben Lee is the ISPASS program committee chair.
All highlights »
No talks scheduled
All events »